BMW "Cafe' Racer" project - Page 3

At the same time, we'd decided we'd be putting on a single seat for Herman, and also be shortening the tail, and changing various other bits as we went along. So we tried to do as much fabrication before sending the chassis off for spray-painting so that it would all be sealed and ready to be re-assembled.

At the same time, I started doing the seat and tailpiece. I used some cardboard, and got the idea of where it would sit, the rear 'bumbox", the shape and so on. I shaped the tail using that green foam they used in flower arranging. Cut it to shape, smoothed out, and then layed up some fibreglass and resin. One of the first "modified" parts for herman.

Next Page.